Thursday, June 17, 2004

Young, Free and Single syndrome

The Match Maker...Partner Finder...Friendster.

Call it whatever you want.
I am that.
The title bestowed upon me by dearest mother - Mak.
Should I be proud of it? You're damn right I am! Not of the title..more of the trust(?) Mak has on me.

You see - Mak called me up yesterday and started asking me about this guy and that guy whom she can match with my two sisters, and she found the perfect event manager - me.

Mak : "You set up some barbeques at your house-lah..call these people..then Pona and Dodik can come..y'know..not so obvious-lah"
Me : "Mak, Dodik in UK..or Singapore..."
Mak : "Well..you have Pona..I pity her..kerja gomen..jauh kat Putrajaya.."
Me : "Mak..Putrajaya does have some unmarried men, I'm sure.."
Mak : "I'm sure you have unmarried male friends..surely can inrtoduce, one"
Me : "Nanti-lah...saya try..."

No point arguing, knowing you can never win.

Honestly speaking, I don't think Dodik and Pona need any help in finding the right man. First of all, they're young (far from the big 30) with their own circle of friends. I doubt they need any help from their 30-something sister, right?

Husband told me last weekend that the rate of unmarried female professionals has reached an alarming figure. Cause for concern, he said. So I asked,"Who's concern? Yours or the Government? So now it gives more reasons for polygamy? To address the nation's concern?" And Husband continued his current pet project, a d.i.y garden bench...still mumbling about the 'alarming rate'. And I sat there, listening to him, sipping my Ipoh Roast coffee....drowning myself in the whole ramblings.

Gotta save Dodik and Pona from being one of the statistics. But who am I to interfere with people's emotions? Maybe Mak is right...she's always right. Maybe I should organise some makan-makan.

Who knows?





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe u shouldn't interfere.but then, there's no harm if u do.maybe he is the right guy for her,in other words "jodoh", and you wouldn't know until you give it try. if he isn't the one, then never give up, open your heart to other people to enter.if you still couldnt find your prince, then only you shall stop. there are pros and cons in everything..