Opi hasn't been able to figure his girlfriend's name just yet. In fact the (lucky) girl doesn't know that she's his girlfriend. Not surprisingly...they haven't had any conversation. And all these I gathered from last night's dinner.
"So..Opi..its like a crush..erm..like you admire her..uh..secret admirer, you know?"
"No...she's my girlfriend" Opi stood by his feelings(?)
"A girlfriend is when both of you like each other and agreed to..err..just date each other..how-ah to explain this?" I am just so totally clueless and hell..why am I explaining all these birds and bees to a 7 year old. I mean..I maybe prepared to explain if he's 17. This is way too early!
"Its ok mummy..." Opi had the most compassionate look on his face. "I still love you...its just that..Opi dah besar...dah ada girlfriend.."
Hah! I almost choked on my ayam masak sambal. I couldn't stop laughing (because I'm sure laughing is a lot better than knocking my head on the table).
And I asked him about the 50cents that he wanted to give his girl.
"Opi tak bagi pun."
"Why?"
"Kat kantin ada jual keropok lekor...macam sedap..so Opi belilah. Besok jer lah Opi bagi dia duit.."
Now that..I'm not quite sure whether its a sign of things to come. Or simply being a child as he is.
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Time flies.. sometimes u wish u can just turn back time just to watch yr children grow.. but that’s impossible. Unless u have a time machine or u have the power to orb (like Paige in Charmed). Hmm, Opi is a little kid, and he does what a kid his age did, food vs girl, food wins..
Post a Comment