Friday, June 18, 2004

of the Seven Deadly Sins

Today - the Glutton strikes with all its might!

I ate a chicken murtabak, in the morning. I just got to try the 'menu baru' at the office foodcourt. I mean, if I don't try it..then who would? Pity those makciks who put in their best effort to come out with some new menus/recipes just to satisfy us all, right?

Then, came the farewell lunch at the Passage to India. The decor is the ultimate Arabian Night's cum Bollywood fantasy...the intricate indian beadings, the silver-threaded tablecloth, swaying colourful chiffon lampshades, heavy wood carvings and not to mention, a few (live!) peacocks to greet the visitors.

The dining hall has a choice of al fresco dining, corporate dining or (the best) traditional Indian low-tabled dining. The ones that come together with huge, colourful cushions.

The food? Superb! Totally rich...and the ultimate sleep-inducer!
Delicious lamb vindaloo, prawn curry, palak paneer and to end the feast - Madras coffee and masala tea with khulfi (indian spiced-filled icecream). Aaaahhhhhh......the ultimate bliss.

But not the food to eat in between work because the richness of all the curries will get to your head in no time. And no amount of caffeine or nicotine can beat the revenge of the curry after effects!

Then Husband called - "Hey..wanna go TGIF tonight?"

Glimpses of the french onion soup, beef fajitas, enchiladas, and of course, mocha mud pie start to waltz back and forth my mind. All the sudden, the just-now-eaten nasi daun pisang seems so far away. I can practically smell the melting cheese and the sizzling beef...

"Of course! Anyway the kids can eat for free...its still the promotion period, right?" (useful note for gluttons: your kids can be very useful cover-ups)

So its set, then.

The diary of a glutton.

Did I mention that Mak is bringing me karipap and rendang tomorrow morning?




No comments: