To each, his own.
One of life’s ultimate joys is to see the people I truly love, happy. And you can tell from the genuine smile, the relief gestures and the sighs of contentment. In all honesty, I hope last night one was of those moments because it was one for me.
Had my salary came in earlier yesterday (that was it, Jim Bob…heh heh) and just to have a little celebration, we took Mak, Abah, Pona and the whole clan of Jim Bob’s family to a small dinner. Nothing fancy – just a good meal at Juara Tomyam. We even had no-frills dinner just tom yam, daging masak merah, prawn fritters and telur bungkus. However the looks on everyone’s faces was more than enough. The dishes came and were gone in no time. Almost everyone burped in satisfaction but more so for me. It was neither the meal nor the place. Just inner gratification.
Then we had a good walk to the nearby reflexology center. Rather relaxed ambience and friendly masseuses. Mak and Abah had theirs done. Jim Bob, Pona, Sarimah and I were busy laughing at them and catching hold of the running (and extremely noisy) kids. I asked the owner if the massage were painful and told him to look at Abah’s frowning face. He then laughing told me,” I’ve been in this business for quite some time…the massage is not painful at all…the look your father had is actually pain in the heart…because someone else is touching and massaging your mom…”. I looked again at Abah with a different view. After 40 years of marriage…how sweet…
Anyways:
Meal at Juara Tomyam = $240.00
Massage at Reflexology = $80.00
One of life’s ultimate joys is to see the people I truly love, happy. And you can tell from the genuine smile, the relief gestures and the sighs of contentment. In all honesty, I hope last night one was of those moments because it was one for me.
Had my salary came in earlier yesterday (that was it, Jim Bob…heh heh) and just to have a little celebration, we took Mak, Abah, Pona and the whole clan of Jim Bob’s family to a small dinner. Nothing fancy – just a good meal at Juara Tomyam. We even had no-frills dinner just tom yam, daging masak merah, prawn fritters and telur bungkus. However the looks on everyone’s faces was more than enough. The dishes came and were gone in no time. Almost everyone burped in satisfaction but more so for me. It was neither the meal nor the place. Just inner gratification.
Then we had a good walk to the nearby reflexology center. Rather relaxed ambience and friendly masseuses. Mak and Abah had theirs done. Jim Bob, Pona, Sarimah and I were busy laughing at them and catching hold of the running (and extremely noisy) kids. I asked the owner if the massage were painful and told him to look at Abah’s frowning face. He then laughing told me,” I’ve been in this business for quite some time…the massage is not painful at all…the look your father had is actually pain in the heart…because someone else is touching and massaging your mom…”. I looked again at Abah with a different view. After 40 years of marriage…how sweet…
Anyways:
Meal at Juara Tomyam = $240.00
Massage at Reflexology = $80.00
The feeling of making someone happy = Priceless!
3 comments:
~~
hmm, very happy ending, eventho my eyes half closed :)
"kat sini kena slow sket, sebab selalu accident"
"mana? mana?"
"kat belakang sana, takpela, dah lepas dah pun"
:))
~~
glad everyone is happy mummy!!
yes...lolita...that was something. I was just too tired to even say anything else, especially when you passed through the supposedly dangerous junction like speeding bullet.
Kaezrin - I actually hope that everyone is happy.
Post a Comment