Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Broken Bicycles and Broken Dreams

I came home early yesterday with Opi covered with bruises, cuts and dried blood all over, watching Cartoon Network. Besides him were Isya, in her swimming suit and Aboy in his pyjamas (the same pyjamas he was wearing when I left for work). Isya was munching what looked like an egg sandwich – prepared by Aboy.

Sutinah? She was at our back porch…looking aimlessly to nowhere.

At moments like that, I’m quite unsure whether to be upset, or to laugh at my (mis)fortune or whether to just bang my head several times at the wall.

And I have people (like Jim Bob and Bang Long Ali) who wonder why I’m looking such a mess these days??!!

The explanation?

Opi rode his bicycle, forgot how to use the brakes and crashed into something and toppled down the hill. Isya complaint that she was feeling a bit too warm, hence why she was wearing the swimsuit in the house and Aboy mentioned to Sutinah that he could cook and thus the cooking chore went to him. I couldn’t even be bothered to ask why the plates were not washed, why all my comforters were on the floor and why Jim Bob’s motorbike was parked smack in the middle of the porch.

On another note, Husband has been very excited about trying to get Odin started on his steamboat dream. “The worst act a person can do… is to kill another person’s dreams” That’s his code of life and I concur his beliefs.

Odin has what we don’t have. He has been doing that ever since he was in primary school. A knack for business and an eye for opportunities. A talent that no one will know where it leads to if its not cultivated correctly. All of us long for an opportunity and the best gift one can offer, is opportunity.

I’m getting too philosophical. Geez….

I wonder what awaits me at home today…


3 comments:

dudae_simboyo said...

.

a swimsuit when it gets too hot and a cook who is willing to cook. you can't get any better than that.

.

kaezrin said...

Isya is just too cute..ahaks..

hope you will be prepared for eveything mummy!!

share it with us latter!

lolipop my said...

~~
Odin is so down, he couldnt eat his fav food-brownies. I agree with the plan, hopefully this will make him happy, cz the talent is in him, he's born with it. He always knew where to get $$$ whenever he has something in his mind, something to buy...
~~