Jim Bob is one truly fascinating individual.
He’s full of stunts – he indulges in surprising people. Normally he nudges people off a tad, never full-blown surprises. Like telling us that he’s in Johor…only to have him at our doorstep at that very moment. Or like the time he told everyone that he had to work that weekend, as such he would miss our family gathering. He was actually the first to arrive at the restaurant.
He’s also the crybaby of the family, never mind the fact that he’s 2 years older than me. His eyes turn red and misty over the smallest bad news. He lost our pet fish (ikan sepat, actually) when we were staying in Cheras and I couldn’t really remember the details so much but I sure did remember how he bawled and whimpered through the make-believe ‘tahlil’ session.
He was the one who almost had his appendix ruptured, the one whom Abah received a phone call in the middle of the night because the police thought he was involved in some ‘peras ugut’ cases, the one who swears he will not travel overseas but spend 6 months in Japan…
So when he called to say that he has heart problem and needs to undergo some kind of surgery, I laughed…as always. “Serious ni!” He cut me off. So I told him “You joked around so much that I cannot tell which one is true..” And he’s only 34.
Yes he laughed along…but no, he wasn’t kidding this time.
As I’m writing this, he just had his surgery and now apparently he has to undergo more scans of his brains. A blood clot, it seems.
So my dearest brother, Jim Bob….I pray for you all the time.
Wednesday, July 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Have to count on the blogger to tell me this news.... I called home and Pona has to break the news because I'm not supposed to know... Takper, hang keep on writing everything here so I'll be updated. This way u won't get blamed for 'bocorkan rahsia', it's all the blogger's fault. - Dodik-
Alamak Dodik....you're not supposed to know, eh? Blame Pona...she's supposedly the 'crystal ball' of the family's drama, gossips and gatherings....
Anyway - everything's went well.
hehe..dad was really shock that Dodek knew about this and he asked who was the one behind all this *celapeh ayat suspens* n I told him that she read it from Bik's diary in the internet n he went on saying "can eh?" hehe..blame it on the blog
hehe...funny...make sure he doesn't try to access my 'blog' from Odin's PC...and yes..blame it on technology!
Post a Comment