We often overlook the unconditional parental love and guidance over possessiveness. Maybe to some extent, its true. Most parents will say that you’ll only know the feelings when you are a parent yourself. That is spot on. I picked up an extract from Eminem’s song…how fitting…
Parents will want the best for all their children. How cliche it sounds, the children are bound to mock. There's a joke that if you see someone (in your opinion) is disgusting - you'll say,"...only his/her mother will love her." A case in hand will be when I saw Opi rolling in the tar yesterday...he was all covered with black tar and sweaty, his cheeks were smudged with chilli sauce and some of the workers were screaming bloody murder at him to stay away from their tar. I came quickly, pulled him out of the tar...and all I saw was my son's twinkling eyes. At that particular moment, all I wanted to do was snap his picture and treasure it for times to come. Because I know (or I fear that) he will forget that moment.
Now for the song...
Now hush little baby, don't you cry
Everything's gonna be alright
Stiffen that upper lip up little lady, i told ya
Mummy's here to hold ya through the night
And if you ask me too
Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird
I'll give you the world
I'll buy a diamond ring for you
I'll sing for you
I'll do anything for you to see you smile
And if that mockingbird don't sing and that ring don't shine
I'll break that birdies neck I'd go back to the jeweller who sold it to ya
And make him eat every carat don't fuck with dad (haha)
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
.
hey, you sang very well there... we should have a karaoke session and let you listen to me destroy songs..... hahaha
dudaesimboyo
.
Very touching, and very true!
By the way, I have tagged you, Mummy, so you have to respond :) (see my blog for details)
Yes dear Metria....I've been tagged...so...what's the deadline?
No deadline, whenever you have time... in between those long, exciting meetings perhaps :)
tears drippings.... but lets it drop at the arm of the guardian, not on the arm of the army of the golden goose on the loose!!! you can talk all nite, but there ain't getting you nowhere dude!oh no.... two minutes to 5.30. better pack my bag, check my avon lipstick and my dear amami talc. chow ci caooo!
Passage to India............
Kublai Khan kan kan kan
hahaha.....ooiii Jim Bob...bila lak hang ada avon lipstick???
ohh, i love to read any postings from parents. and i've just bloghop to yours by chance and i must say, i love it!
keep up the brilliant writing :)
Post a Comment