Monday, January 17, 2005

Ramblings of a Sugar-Deprived Mummy!

Pona came back from her lovey-dovey vacation in Dubai yesterday – so radiant, so dreamy, so….so much stuff for me! She handed over loads and loads of baklavas – there are ones with pistachios, ones with almonds…and loads of ghee and honey, too!

Two bites of extremely sweet baklava and two gulps of teh tarik…repeat that…two bites of baklava and another big gulp of sweet teh tarik…what a life!

“Eh…ada untuk Bang long and Bang Jai ke?”
“Ada…one pack for one family…”

Ok…at least I asked.


Dodek…you missed out on the best baklava..but Pona will always have something for you when you come back for Chinese New Year Hols…err…Dodek…you still remember to buy me those yummy bonbons from Marks & Spencers, right?

Oooo….how-lah to diet?

I just started (today) on Biodex diet, courtesy of too much time surfing the Net under “diet Malaysia” and stumbled upon this forum of makciks who ranted on and on about biodex diet. How they lost 5 kgs in two weeks bla bla. Anyway, I’m always a sucker for all these sales gimmicks…so after paying $240 for three boxes of yucky tasting sachets of I-fell-full-all-the-time, here I am…munching away Jacob’s Sunlife breakfast biscuits because I’m so goddamn hungry!!!

I need to lose all these flabs…I need to be the hip mum that Opi always hinted for. Last Friday, I picked Opi up from school, and I waved and waved at him but somehow, he didn’t (couldn’t??) see me. I playfully asked him later,”how come Opi tak nampak? Mummy dok lambai-lambai kat Opi..”

His answer was simple “Ramai sangat mummies…Opi tak perasan…”

Somehow, I felt a bit offended – you mean, I’m not outstanding? How can I not be visible? Argh….Is this a sign of aging?

Last Thursday, my self-appointed personal trainer drained the life out of me. She’s one sweet lady who turns into a drill sergeant when it comes to exercise. We did circuit training – alternating between aerobics and weights.

“You got rhythm, girl..let’s go…burn those kilos…”

Of course I got rhythm! All those years of boogying at Face2, 11LA and Scandals have got to leave some grooves in me…

I’ve 10 kilos to lose to be happy. If I lose 20 kilos…I’ll register myself at a casting agent…hahaha….

Somebody offered me to join their blog…maybe I’ll write a post or two…




4 comments:

red said...

ooohh..ooohh..baklavas,my weakness in between coffee and chocolat and ice cream...
mummy, you tried the baklavas in Bangsar?

sak said...

where in Bangsar???Do tell....

kaezrin said...

hmmm desperately seeking ways to looose not only 10 but 15kgs to be happy...if it works on you, then i will join the club..

red said...

mummy, you still want your baklavas? (i have to ask?)
go to the Lavand, The Baklava Shop, Bangsar Village.