Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Between Faith and Principle

Is there a clear difference between faith, principle and karma?

On FAITH:
Opi is being bombarded by stupid accusations by our neighbors that his mummy (me!) is a kafir, a non-muslim, a non-malay….

Why?

Because I wear shorts outside the house, I don’t wear tudung, my hair is coloured, I don’t pray 5 times a day, and maybe they know that I smoke… as much as I only indulge in the comfort of my bathroom, alone.

On PRINCIPLE
A muslim girl is deciding to denounce her faith in Islam because of her love for a Westerner who clearly does not understand what religion is all about.

Why?

His principle is a man (or woman) should not be identified by his/her religion. It’s the person’s principles that count. The stronger is the principle = the stronger is the person. And this does not equate to having FAITH.

On KARMA
The same muslim girl cannot buy fake DVDs because that’s against her PRINCIPLE and will definitely destroy her good KARMA.

For this…I have to say…DUH!

No comments: